Storyboard shots who? Storyboard shots Woody!




 This is a pan shot. The subject of the video is my dog sitting on my bed. In order, to complete this shot, I slowly rotated the camera to the left horizontally from my night stand and bed to my desk and made sure my dog, Woody, was included. 


This is an extreme close-up shot. The subject is a magnified object, which in this case is my dogs eye; it is the focal point of the shot and can be used to show great detail. In order to create this shot I just got the camera up close to my dogs eye and focused it. 


This is a full shot. This shot captures the subject’s, being my dog, entire body from head to toe. In order to creat this shot I had my dog sit still and took a shot of his whole body from a farther distance. 


This is an eye level shot. This shot is created to make it look as if you are looking into the subjects’ eye due to the level of the camera being positioned at the subjects’ eye level. In order to create this shot I had my dog, the subject, sit down and held the camera up to his face as if I was looking at him from his level. 


This is a high angle shot. This shot is filmed high above the subject. In order for me to create this shot I stood on a chair next to my bed and filmed my dog from above. 



This is a tilt shot. In this shot the camera pans upwards on the vertical axis and moves up slowly. In order to create this shot I sat on the floor and tilted the camera upwards to my dog until I got to my room. 


This is a head-on shot. In this shot the action is moving straight towards the camera. In order for me To create this shot I sat at the top of my stairs and had my dog run towards me holding the camera to make it look like he’s coming towards the camera. 


This is a choker shot. This shot is a tight up close shot that only displays the subjects face. In order to create this shot I had my dog sit on them bed and look at the door as I stood besides him and focused the camera just on face. 



This is an over-the-shoulder shot. This shot is taken to show us the subjects’ point of view, but at the same time showing us part of the subjects head. In order to create this shot I had my dog lay down on the bed and I positioned the camera where it appeared to be a little behind his head and film as if it were his point of view and at the same time see his head. 

This is a point of view shot. In this shot the subject point of view is shown and is the scene being filmed. In order to film this shot I had my dog lay down, he is the subject, and place the camera at his point of view as if the camera were recording what he sees. 




Comments

  1. 1) The choker shot made me feel close to the dog, like i could feel all of his emotions. He looked irritated , which was clear by his little bark, so it is clear why a choker shot can be used like an extreme close shot.
    2) I enjoyed watching the eye level shot of the dog. Dogs are at a lower level on the ground than humans are, which was interesting because i felt like i was the dog himself.
    3) The full shot of the subject was also interesting because we could see the dog's body language. He looked like he was on high alert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, your storyboard was awesome!
    I loved the eye level shot of your dog as he stared at you in and the camera. You could really see the curiosity and confusion in his eyes through the angle you chose. Great choice!
    The extreme close up of the dog really brought out the beautiful light brown in his eyes. It was a pleasure to look at, although it could've been slightly less shaky.
    The last shot, my favorite, was of your dog's point of view. Although the video was shaky, it was funny to see the little paws, as if I were the dog.
    You did an awesome job on your storyboard! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The three shots I enjoyed most were

    1. Head-on shot: I really enjoyed how cute Woody was running up the stairs and watching it, I felt playfulness and innocence.

    2. Eye-Level: The eye-level shot was adorable and radiated cuteness, wonder and innocent curiosity.

    3. Point of View: I really loved Woody's point of view, as it grasped how he sees the world, and makes him seem that much cuter because he seems so small in comparison to the surroundings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment